The Anambra Fire Service has warned families to be careful in using cooking gas even as another filling station was razed in a fire.
This is coming less than five hours after a popular Fuel station Mobil, which is located at Unizik junction Awka, was razed by fire. Another fire incident occurred at about one o’clock pm on Friday afternoon, within the same Unizik temp site junction, Awka, Anambra state.
The fire started inside a residential apartment located at number 5 Abakiliki road, behind St. Joseph Catholic Church close to Unizik junction.
According to an eyewitness, it took the effort of the Anambra state fire service who responded to the distress call to put out the fire.
In an interview with News Echo Correspondent, the Managing Director of the agency, Mr. Martins Agbili explained that it was as a result of a family cooking with gas and had slept off, leaving what they were cooking unattended.
He warned families to be careful in using the gas cylinder.
However, Mr. Martins confirmed that no life was lost in the fire incident.