- The UN refugee agency says an estimated 100,000 Ukrainians have fled their homes.
- US President Joe Biden announces new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine invasion, says Putin “chose” war.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin launches sweeping Ukraine invasion.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy vows to defend his nation, declares martial law.
- He calls on citizens to fight, says weapons will be issued to everyone who wants them.
- Kyiv reports dozens of casualties, including more than 40 troops and up to 10 civilians.
- Western powers condemn Moscow’s move, prepare economic sanctions.
The live blog is now closed; thank you for joining us. Here are the updates for February 24: