Except the lord builds the house, they labour in vain that build it, except the lord keep the city, the watchmen waketh but in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: so He giveth his beloved sleep. Lo children are a heritage of the lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hands of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that has his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.
Family means having someone to love you unconditionally in spite of you and your shortcomings. Family is loving and supporting one another even when it’s not easy to do so. It’s being the best person you could be so that you may inspire your love ones. They got it and that’s the world our family is
Strong families are a crucial foundation for a strong society. A family that is built according to God’s pattern will be strong and God will dwell in it. Ingredients for building a strong family foundation
1. Be there for your kids: Your children regard your presence as a sign of caring and connectedness (even when they don’t seem to do so!) Presence provides kids with a greater sense of security than almost any other quality parents can offer.
2. Express affection, warmth and encouragement: Families with a sense of A.W.E. – as opposed to shame-based parenting – are a home where children and spouses will feel more secure.
3. Build healthy morals and values: The decisions kids make today will often affect them for the rest of their lives. Parents have significant powers of influence – through modeling and teaching – over the morals and values their kids carry into adulthood!
4. Discipline with consistency: Clearly expressed expectations and consistent follow-through produce responsible kids. Make your goal of discipline one of teaching kids responsibility not evoking obedience.
5. Ruthlessly eliminate stress: The unbalanced life will not be kind to the areas we neglect. Parents must make the difficult decisions of reducing the effect of our culture’s breathless pace on their family.
6. Communication is key: Positive communication is the language of love for our children. Parents must take the initiative to set the tone for family communication – which includes the important skill of listening.
7. Play is necessary for a close-knit family: There is nothing like play to bring about family togetherness and communication. Play builds family memories, reduces family stress and produces support and affirmation.
8. Love your spouse: A loving marriage brings hope and security to your children. At times, this means putting your spouse’s needs ahead of your children’s needs.
9. Let your life reflect the understanding that the best things in life are not things: Healthy stewardship and financial decisions produce positive family priorities.
10. Energize your family’s spiritual growth: Your greatest calling in life is to leave a spiritual legacy for your children. Pay close attention to your own spiritual health and model a healthy spirituality for your family.