I have lived in South Africa with my wife since 2003 and we have enjoyed our time here immensely. It is time that I feel gives me the right to comment on what is happening now. I hear the murmurs, ´Who are you to comment on internal affairs?´ My perspective is as important as yours. I am a South African citizen. My father born in George, my mother and I the UK. I believe I bring a unique perspective having been born, raised and educated in England and at 24 I began my extensive vocational travels worldwide in the oilfield. I travelled a lot and saw a lot. I am a Quality Consultant and thus have a keen eye for detail, a rigorous requirement for fact and due reference to the implementation of Procedures, Standards, Regulations, Specifications, accurate concise Reports. I have worked on Project Management teams in the States and as Project Quality Manager globally. Deliverables are tied to a schedule and the schedule must be met. Time, money and legal restraints escort the projects from inception to completion and your remit is constant but the circumstances differ. I have learnt much and ´Don’t suffer fools gladly.´
When we arrived in SA it was 2003 9 years after the ´Rainbow Nation´ had captured the world with the realisation of a truly free democracy. There was at that time, 2003, still a euphoric air throughout the land. The government was entrenching itself into its role to govern for the people to enrich their lives. In terms of what had been, it was a big ask.
Whatever side of the divide you find yourself it has to acknowledged that governing is extremely difficult if you as a political party have never had previous hands-on experience in the day to day requirements. So govern they did and what we have today is of their making, whatever they try to say, it lies squarely with them and the piper always has to be paid.
It is 2018 now and I can only speak of what I see happening in SA taking my lead from national and international news programmes, press, media, word of mouth, personal involvement, internet and the constant barrage of information.
South Africa at this moment in time you are a country in decline. Your government has been derelict in its duty and continues to be piling deceit on deceit, fraud on fraud lies on lies, bribes on bribes, intimidation on intimidation, nepotism on nepotism, incompetence on incompetence, declining standards and a free for all like Jackals feeding frenzy killing the hands that feed you by looting the very fabric from beneath our noses. And such is your arrogance that you expect a nation to swallow your blatant lies, covers ups, persistent cries of we are innocent it is the legacy of that evil regime ´apartheid´ and its perpetrators. We were previously disadvantaged and we have the right!
The right to:
- Bankrupt all government entities
- Eskom for one
- To all but bankrupt SAA
- Allow unemployment to rise to record levels
- Countenance incompetence on a monumental scale in the connivance of retaining halfwits, halfwits capable of rifling the countries treasures
- Allowing private individuals to infiltrate commerce to the degree that monies allocated to bona fide endeavours were syphoned off at an unsustainable rate.
- Depleting medical resources
- Allowing municipalities the free for all to steal resources unfettered
- Increased farm killings
- Land expropriation without compensation laying centuries of labour to build the businesses on the back of which South Africa has grown from a third world existence to maybe, and it is only maybe a first world economy. To be wrenched from the hands of those who gave so much to make them what they are. And give to those that neither want the land or care little for the work encapsulated within and when there are vast tracts of land vacant owned by the government available for occupation by those that yearn for their part of the rainbow fading in the cloud filled sky.
- The outfall has resulted in unrest resulting in, burning, looting, civil disobedience and total disruption in pockets throughout the land. And all this based upon false promises, undeliverable expectations and continual ongoing avarice
- These and so many more examples but it is clear the latest debacle in this series of sorry events is purely political in this period leading up to the 2019 elections.
In a mature democracy it many things occur but be aware South Africa that apart from your arrogance and duplicity in the phenomena of state capture you have been caught in the headlights with your hands in the cookie jar and as is the nature of your combined stupidity you are spinning webs of lies catching you in your childlike cries of innocence.
South Africa, you are country in decline. Where do you go? But more to the point where do you come back from?